• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Server Migration Problem

B

BSmets

Hi,

I just setup a new server in a new datacenter. Now I wanted to migrate my existing domains from a Plesk 7.5.6 server to another Plesk 7.5.6 server but this won't work... Is this normal? I thought the migration manager could be used for this migration.

The error message I receive is:
Unable to upload scout: Unable to run migrmng: Unable to connect to remote host tigger.hosting-it.be. Please check if the remote server is available for connection and if the correct login and password are specified.
Enter login and password of a system account with administrator's rights.

I'm sure I'm using the correct username and password, this is the administrator account on the server. The server is up and running, firewall is disabled.
I'm using the most recent version of the migration manager, built numbers are the same on both servers. Migration agent is started on the "old" server.

Anyone has an idea what I'm doing wrong ?

Additional info:
Old server : Win2003 Standard, Plesk 7.5.6 + Powerpack
New server: Win2003 Web Ed. + SP1, Plesk 7.5.6 (no Powerpack)

Hello,
You could use Plesk backup/restore tools for your migration.

Today PMM does not have an agent for migration from the Plesk Win 7.5.6. We will do it in future. Now you can use PMM for migration from Ensim (Unix, Win), Helm, Plesk Unix, CPanel Unix.
Please look into Plesk 7.5 for Windows PMM User's Guide. You could find information that PMM Agent must be installed into remote host and some ports must be opened between servers. If you do not do it, this error happens. When communication is good, and PMM does not have migration Agent from current remote platform, you can see message like this No hosting platforms available for migrating data to Plesk were detected.
Thanks.

Datacenter can have the hardware firewall.
You can try to connect to old server using start->run-> \\66.135.39.157\c$ if Sambaports are opened you can see win admins share folder.
You need to open the following ports to let PMM to work well:
For samba:
tcp 135
tcp 139
tcp 445
udp 137
udp 138

For PMM:
tsp 6489 ( or other )

Thanks.

Originally posted by Dmitry Drozdov
Hello,
You could use Plesk backup/restore tools for your migration.

But that would mean manually creating every domain again, assigning naw passwords for everyone, creating new mailboxes, ... Not realy what I'm looking for.

I don't understand why migrating from 7.5.6 to 7.5.6 isn't possible yet... this should be easier to implement than migrating from Linux or older versions of the software.

But that would mean manually creating every domain again, assigning naw passwords for everyone, creating new mailboxes, ... Not realy what I'm looking for.
What makes you think that you should create all domains, mail boxes once again? It's absolutely wrong. Plesk backup/restore utilities are created special for this purposes - to save and restore Plesk configuration and content automatically but not manually.
You need just run Backup tool on one server and Restore tool on another. Plesk will be restored as whole as you have backed it up.

I don't understand why migrating from 7.5.6 to 7.5.6 isn't possible yet... this should be easier to implement than migrating from Linux or older versions of the software.

Such feature is not released yet. Please wait.

I see, I thought you were talking about the backup option that is included in the control panel.

So if I use the Plesk Backup utility, I can restore all, or some of the domains on the new server... but just to bu sure: Will this do anything to the current config on the new server. There are allready some domains created. Will this tool just add the domains or will it restore the setup of the "old" server ?
Will this change anything in Plesk itself (like licence key, ...) ?

Back