• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

--server option in PleskX.pl

F

faris

I'm shortly going to upgrade from 7.5.4 on RH9 to 8.1 on Centos 4.4.

My current intention is to use the PleskX.pl utility (the 8.1 version) to manually backup the source server, transfer the data to the destination server and then restore from there.

But I'm unsure about the --server option in PleskX. Obviously it backs up the server settings. But what settings are we talking about exactly? Can anyone enlighten me please? Are we talking about things like IP addresses? In that case can I just restore the backup, and end up with an 8.1 installation with all the correct IP addresses from the source server ready mapped to the correct original domains? But in such a case won't I end up with two sets of identical IPs on on two servers the same network (obviously if this turned out to be the case I'd switch off the source server after transferring the data - or at least put it on a different IP)?

So is what I intend a sensible option? Would it be best to simply migrate using the Migration Manager option in the Control Panel?

Any suggestions and info would be appreciated.

Faris.

Back