• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

server reached MaxClients setting

F

finalwebsites

Hello,

after a few month I get back this problems, Apache stops working need to be restarted etc.

I have a 3 ghz/ 2GB amd athlon server and have this cofiguration:

Code:
# prefork MPM
# StartServers ......... number of server processes to start
# MinSpareServers ...... minimum number of server processes which are kept spare
# MaxSpareServers ...... maximum number of server processes which are kept spare
# MaxClients ........... maximum number of server processes allowed to start
# MaxRequestsPerChild .. maximum number of requests a server process serves
<IfModule prefork.c>
StartServers         5
MinSpareServers      5
MaxSpareServers     10
MaxClients         256
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>

# pthread MPM
# StartServers ......... initial  number of server processes to start
# MaxClients ........... maximum  number of server processes allowed to start
# MinSpareThreads ...... minimum  number of worker threads which are kept spare
# MaxSpareThreads ...... maximum  number of worker threads which are kept spare
# ThreadsPerChild ...... constant number of worker threads in each server process
# MaxRequestsPerChild .. maximum  number of requests a server process serves
<IfModule worker.c>
StartServers         2
MaxClients         200 
MinSpareThreads     25
MaxSpareThreads     75
ThreadsPerChild     25
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>

# perchild MPM
# NumServers ........... constant number of server processes
# StartThreads ......... initial  number of worker threads in each server process
# MinSpareThreads ...... minimum  number of worker threads which are kept spare
# MaxSpareThreads ...... maximum  number of worker threads which are kept spare
# MaxThreadsPerChild ... maximum  number of worker threads in each server process
# MaxRequestsPerChild .. maximum  number of connections per server process (then it dies)
<IfModule perchild.c>
NumServers           5
StartThreads         5
MinSpareThreads      5
MaxSpareThreads     10
MaxThreadsPerChild  20
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
AcceptMutex fcntl
</IfModule>

which is the best configuration and where can I see which of those 3 is used?
Thanks...

Partition details needed

Hi,
Our company plan to setup a own hosting server. We purchased the server with configuration of Xeon Dual core processor,with 300 GB Harddisk.

Kindly suggest the best partition details suitable for Plesk 8 control panel in our server installed Federo 5.

thanks.

Re: Partition details needed

Originally posted by dhananth
Hi,
Our company plan to setup a own hosting server. We purchased the server with configuration of Xeon Dual core processor,with 300 GB Harddisk.

Kindly suggest the best partition details suitable for Plesk 8 control panel in our server installed Federo 5.

thanks.

what is this an ad?

Yeah that was kind of bizzare huh?

So if I follow the problem you're having is that apache will be running, but wont be responding to any new requests right?

Originally posted by atomicturtle
Yeah that was kind of bizzare huh?

So if I follow the problem you're having is that apache will be running, but wont be responding to any new requests right?

can't say that exactly because watchdog is restarting the whole thing, do you need some log information?

Ah, so apache is actually dying periodically? I can think of a zillion things that could do that (you're being attacked/DDoS'd, bad mod_rewrite rules, etc). What distro are you on?

Ah, Im not familiar with the eccentricities on that implementation, Id check with the debian support groups first. Configuration debugging-wise a good place to start would be to disable everything plesk-related that you can (sitebuilder, tomcat, etc) and see if it goes away. If it does, then you can nail it down to one of the PSA components.

Originally posted by atomicturtle
Ah, Im not familiar with the eccentricities on that implementation, Id check with the debian support groups first. Configuration debugging-wise a good place to start would be to disable everything plesk-related that you can (sitebuilder, tomcat, etc) and see if it goes away. If it does, then you can nail it down to one of the PSA components.

For now I raised the timeout limit to 30 seconds and I got no more watchdog messages ;)

look, it's important for me that my server works for the next 6 weeks. After that time I get a new one with also a better partner.

Thanks!

look like still the same problem:

this is the error log during the last restart:

[Fri Mar 23 07:50:26 2007] [error] server reached MaxClients setting, consider raising the MaxClients setting
[Fri Mar 23 07:56:22 2007] [warn] child process 14702 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Fri Mar 23 07:56:22 2007] [warn] child process 14716 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Fri Mar 23 07:56:22 2007] [warn] child process 14580 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Fri Mar 23 07:56:22 2007] [warn] child process 14759 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Fri Mar 23 07:56:22 2007] [warn] child process 14763 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Fri Mar 23 07:56:22 2007] [warn] child process 14766 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Fri Mar 23 07:56:22 2007] [warn] child process 14770 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Fri Mar 23 07:56:22 2007] [warn] child process 14772 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Fri Mar 23 07:56:22 2007] [warn] child process 14776 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Fri Mar 23 07:56:22 2007] [warn] child process 14778 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Fri Mar 23 07:56:22 2007] [warn] child process 14780 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Fri Mar 23 07:56:22 2007] [warn] child process 15396 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Fri Mar 23 07:56:22 2007] [warn] child process 15435 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Fri Mar 23 07:56:22 2007] [warn] child process 15447 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Fri Mar 23 07:56:22 2007] [warn] child process 15456 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Fri Mar 23 07:56:22 2007] [warn] child process 15464 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Fri Mar 23 07:56:23 2007] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down

so again what should I change in the configuration above? and is the apache restarted by apache or watchdog?

thats the watchdog message:
The Web Server (Apache) service on host localhost.localdomain is down.
The problem was discovered on Mar 23, 2007 07:56 AM.

and the server was really down for a while because I got also a message from an external monitor service.

Back