• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Server reboot automaticly.

C

chaloupe

Hi!

I got a server and it reboot every 7 days automaticly. It have been doin' it for the past 8 months.

Do you know what could cause this (like script in the config) or what could I do to make sure it doesn't stop anymore.

I really appreciate your help on this forum guys.

best bet would be to check /var/log/messages
and see what is actually causing it to reboot.
if it is infact the reboot/shutdown command. And see if the times are the same as the last time

If its the same time as the previous reboot, its quite likely, u have a script which is rebooting it, check your crontab's under Server.

var messages

syslogd 1.4.1: restart.

This is the first line on the message log when rebooting

just don't know what or where is syslogd 1.4.1

I also find a cron job call cron.weekly with one that is call up2date.cron

here's the script for it:

/usr/sbin/up2date -uf
/bin/sync
/usr/bin/reboot

I'm not sure if it is the script that rebbot my server what happen if I delete the cron job

That looks and sounds like the culprit, since it is in the weekly cron, and the reboot is happening every 7 days ( 1 week).

If you delete the cron job, then all that will affect is that your server will not automatically check and update itself, which in my opinion is not always a good thing. I would rather manually check for updates so I can see what is going to be updated, so I can determine if it may break Plesk or not.

Server reboot automaticly

I will at least delete this line:

"/usr/bin/reboot"

Back