• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Server Tab-Internal error: Unknown user type: 5

Jono72

New Pleskian
Hi,
I am receiving the Error "Internal error: unknown user type: 5" on the the Server Tab on Plesk. It was working 2 days ago (Although mis-representing the Hard Disk Volume), but is now returning the error..

Message Unknown user type: 5
File: CustomButton.php
Line 38
Type: PleskFatalException

It is running on Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit. Any help would be appreciated, I was unable to find any additional information on this error apart from a German forum which didn't offer a solution.

Many Thanks

php_Error.log details

Hi Igor, here is entry in from C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\logs\php_error.log which relates to this error. We are also having problem creating domains, getting an "Domain already Exists" message, but these may be unrelated, so we taking it 1 step at a time. That aside all seems to be running smoothly, Thankd, Jono

[15-Dec-2012 11:04:07 UTC] PleskFatalException: Unknown user type: 5
file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\CommonPanel\Controller\Helper\CustomButton.php
line: 38
code: 0
trace: #0 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\CommonPanel\Controller\Helper\CustomButton.php(147): CommonPanel_Controller_Helper_CustomButton::getCustomButtons(Object(UserService), 5, 'admin-settings', Object(Skin))
#1 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\CommonPanel\Controller\Helper\ToolsButtons.php(433): CommonPanel_Controller_Helper_CustomButton::getAdminSettingsData()
#2 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\CommonPanel\Controller\Helper\ToolsButtons.php(656): CommonPanel_Controller_Helper_ToolsButtons::getCustomButtons()
#3 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\smb\application\controllers\SettingsController.php(82): CommonPanel_Controller_Helper_ToolsButtons::getAdminButtons(true)
#4 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\Zend\Controller\Action.php(513): SettingsController->toolsAction()
#5 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\Zend\Controller\Dispatcher\Standard.php(295): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('toolsAction')
#6 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\Zend\Controller\Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#7 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\smb\application\library\Smb\Application\Web.php(53): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch(NULL)
#8 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\smb\application\public\index.php(20): Smb_Application_Web->run()
#9 {main}

What version of Plesk do you have?
Details steps to reproduce are needed. I can't reproduce the problem on Plesk 11.0.9 release.
Please describe your situation with all details from the beginning. I assume that you have custom buttons, you're trying to login as service user (not as admin). Maybe you've tried to install some additional modules? What else?

Problem solved - Unknown User Type: 5

What version of Plesk do you have?
Details steps to reproduce are needed. I can't reproduce the problem on Plesk 11.0.9 release.
Please describe your situation with all details from the beginning. I assume that you have custom buttons, you're trying to login as service user (not as admin). Maybe you've tried to install some additional modules? What else?

I have been dealing with the same error for months and couldn't figure out what the problem was. I figured out the solution by accident today.

Here's one for your knowledgebase:

My saved username in my browser was "Admin" (capital a). When I login with that, I get the error when clicking on the server tab.

When I login with "admin" (lowercase a - as it is saved in Plesk), it works fine. :)

It seems that when logging in, the username is case-insensitive... but with the CustomButtons script, it is case-sensitive.

I'm sure something can easily be done to correct this in the next hotfix.

Regards,
Michael

PS - I only have one user in Plesk (an admin user), and to the best of my knowledge, I am not using "custom buttons." (I don't even know what they are or how to use them)

Hi Michael,
You are a star and thank-you for sharing - this has been a problem for ages and we had not resolved - it has suddenly sprung to life logging in as admin. I have advised our hosts who were unable to solve this after much investigating - great work
Agreed - it would be better not to allow you login at all as "Admin", Thanks again!
Jono

Back