• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue 500 Internal server error nginx without plausible reason

Clapp4er

New Pleskian
Hi Guys!

I've had a problem with Plesk and an error message for some time. Unfortunately, so far tips have failed. That's why I wanted to ask you.

From time to time the following error message appears: "500 Internal Server Error nginx". This really happens at different times.
Once there are only 5 visitors and the message appears, then again there are 70 visitors and everything works fine. Initially thought that it is due to the number of users, but I can not imagine that.

As far as the server performance is concerned, the VPS has a lot of power and should be able to handle a much larger website. (CPU 10x 2.2GHz, 50GB Ram, 1200GB SSD)

The website is a video CMS. But no videos are processed or converted on the VPS. Only embed links to other stream pages are included and displayed. The server does not have to do any background work because the videos are streamed by the video provider.

Unfortunately, I no longer know what I can do or change so this error message "500 Internal Server Error nginx" can be fixed and I hope someone of you can help.

oooh yes, I have read this post a few times. Also this link at the bottom
500 Internal Server Error - Causes & How To Fix One?

The section "Many Visitors Are Trying To Access Your Website At A Same Time:" was interesting, only with the performance of the VPS, I do not think that problem exists. Especially since the number of visitors is not really big.

In the error log file are a few parts, but I'm not a professional and could not find any solution for these lines

The first thing you need to know about an Internal Server Error is that the error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem meaning that the problem is not with our plugin. This is a 'catch-all' error generated by the Web server. Basically something has gone wrong, but the server can not be more specific about the error condition in its response to the client. In addition to the 500 error notified back to the client, the Web server should generate some kind of internal error log which gives more details of what went wrong. It is up to the operators of the Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error.

Back