• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Server win 2012 + classic asp, randomly hanging

Alexxx

New Pleskian
Hello,
I'm running Plesk 11.5 on a Windows 2012 server standard ed.
On this server there are two sites, bouth ours, running classic asp and access database.
On previous server everything was ok (Windows 2003 server) and the asp never get stucked.
now, randomly, the asp pages on web server are not giving back any data; all other functions are fine and the html, txt or simple aspx page are working correctlry.
I need to recycle the app pool created by plesk in order to recover the fai.
I've installed Failed request tracing but it doesn't show any error.
the server seems to be short in resources. now the app pool cpu limit i setted to 0 and no action taken for the limit.
is there anything I could do in order to run classic asp smoothly and without any hang?
many thanks
Alex

the asp pages on web server are not giving back any data

Could you please describe with more details what exactly do you mean? Do you have any error message or just blank page or something else?

the pages are blank, iexplorer indicator keep on running like if it was waiting for datas.
all the asp pages, of the two web sites hosted on the server, behave in this way.
to restore normal functionalities I need to recycle the app pool created.
here a screen shot of app pool advanced configuration.

appol.png

what exact error you get on website, also have you tried assigning dedicated application pool to particular domain?

no error at all: seems that the request doesn't arrive to IIS.
yes the app pool dedicated has been created by parallel plesk app since I've create the web site using the parallel http GUI

Hello.

browsing the various issue related to mine, I've found that Rapid Fail Protection was enabled and setted to 5 errors in 5 minutes.

I've found many errors due to perl component not activated by Plesk (even if I checked the auto production of the stats which are calling also perl scripts) and pages not found due to the application moved from one servrer to another and probably somebody searching for admin php files.

Furthermore, with teh application stopped, the pages, usually running, went in error too with the consequences of 100, 200 errors (pages not found because the application pool was probably blocked)

Now I've changed the Rapid Fail Protection and I'll keep it monitored. I'll write here the last resoults. for now thanks for the help to everybody.

Alex

Back