• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Servershield by Cloudflare

Denis Gomes Franco

Regular Pleskian
Hey guys,

I'm back to using Plesk after the Cpanel pricing fiasco. Let's now just hope that Plesk won't take that same road that increased my Cpanel licensing costs ~200% (by the way I don't resell hosting, hosting is a service that I provide alongside my website maintenance packages; looks like there were small hosters hit with 800%-1000% pricing increases... Anyway, I digress).

I'm glad to see that Plesk has evolved quite a bit since my last time using it. Obsidian looks great and some bugs I seemed to have back them have vanished. So let's see how it will all turn out for my business.

I have successfully integrated DNS sync with Digital Ocean, and they are now my main nameservers running with a vanity subdomain. I also successfully set up Servershield by Cloudflare and it works like a charm.

However I noticed something when setting up a domain on Servershield: if I create a Plesk customer with the e-mail [email protected] and create a subscription for that customer, Servershield will add the domain to the Cloudflare account [email protected] (and it will create that account if it doesn't exist).

Makes sense to me but I'd like to add all domains to my Cloudflare account so I can have a centralized control panel - until at least the Servershield extension improves quite a lot since it does not have any management options (and even analytics) whatsoever.

So my solution for now is to simply assign all subscriptions to myself (my own Plesk account) and then Servershield will add the domains to my Cloudflare account. But I'd like to create customers in Plesk and assign them their respective subscriptions so they eventually can log in to the panel and make small changes themselves.

I believe this could be achieved by a rather simple modification in the extension: a toggle in which the server administrator can choose between adding the domain to the administrator's Cloudflare account, or the customer's account. Or better yet: make that a per-domain/per-subscription setting.

I guess I could also do it myself by changing the source code for the extension and simply forcing the extension to always use my Cloudflare account, but I'm not sure where to get that source code - if at all since Servershield is a freemium extension.

Back