• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Service LOG ROTATE

othmaqsa

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.63 Update #1
Hello,

The service LOG ROTATE fail to start.

logrotate[20630]: Error: SiteDomain parameter not defined in your config/domain file. You must edit it for using this version of AWStats.
logrotate[20630]: Setup ('/etc/awstats/awstats.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
logrotate[20630]: Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).
logrotate[20462]: error: error running non-shared postrotate script for /var/log/imunify360/imunify360-wafd.log of '/var/log/imunify360/imunify360-wafd.log '
logrotate.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE

Is there any way to solve this ?

Thank you.

Hello, @othmaqsa. What I can suggest as a possible workaround is to check the "SiteDomain" value in /etc/awstats/awstats.conf:

cat /etc/awstats/awstats.conf | grep SiteDomain

and update it with the actual hostname of the server if not set yet:

SiteDomain='server.example.com'

Please note that I cannot guarantee that will fix the issue. In case the issue still persists after updating the config file with the hostname, it will be best to consider opening a ticket with Plesk support for an investigation of the issue on your server. To sign-in to support and open a ticket go to https://support.plesk.com.If you got your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative to get support directly from Plesk: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk

Hello @Sebahat.hadzhi

I have added my FQDN (SiteDomain='server.example.com'). Now the logrotate.service is inactive. Any idea ?

Thank you.
Hello, @othmaqsa. What I can suggest as a possible workaround is to check the "SiteDomain" value in /etc/awstats/awstats.conf:

and update it with the actual hostname of the server if not set yet:

Please note that I cannot guarantee that will fix the issue. In case the issue still persists after updating the config file with the hostname, it will be best to consider opening a ticket with Plesk support for an investigation of the issue on your server. To sign-in to support and open a ticket go to https://support.plesk.com.If you got your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative to get support directly from Plesk: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk

Screenshot from 2024-08-20 02-55-12.png

Hello @Sebahat.hadzhi

I have added my FQDN (SiteDomain='server.example.com'). Now the logrotate.service is inactive. Any idea ?

Thank you.

View attachment 26866
Unless it's been changed recently... logrotate.service is supposed to be inactive (when viewed as you've posted).
It doesn't run as a daemon but is triggered periodically by logrotate.timer
Assuming that you're logged in as root, then:

You can check logrotate.timer with:
Bash:
systemctl status logrotate.timer
You can check all of the logs (as per your config) status with:
Bash:
cat /var/lib/logrotate/status
logrotate is run via cron, so you'll find it in here:
Bash:
ls -l /etc/cron.daily/logrotate
If you must manually force an update, then:
Bash:
logrotate -v -f /etc/logrotate.conf
After which, you could check all of the logs status again

Also, see this: Issue - Logrotate not working for some files

Unless it's been changed recently... logrotate.service is supposed to be inactive (when viewed as you've posted).
It doesn't run as a daemon but is triggered periodically by logrotate.timer
Assuming that you're logged in as root, then:

You can check logrotate.timer with:
Bash:
systemctl status logrotate.timer
You can check all of the logs (as per your config) status with:
Bash:
cat /var/lib/logrotate/status
logrotate is run via cron, so you'll find it in here:
Bash:
ls -l /etc/cron.daily/logrotate
If you must manually force an update, then:
Bash:
logrotate -v -f /etc/logrotate.conf
After which, you could check all of the logs status again

Also, see this: Issue - Logrotate not working for some files
I'll verify this. Thank you for your help.

The logrotate.service failed to start again :(

logrotate[1437034]: Create/Update database for config "/etc/awstats/awstats.conf" by AWStats version 7.8 (build 20200416)
logrotate[1437034]: From data in log file "/var/log/apache2/access.log"...
logrotate[1437034]: Error: Couldn't open server log file "/var/log/apache2/access.log" : Permission denied
logrotate[1437034]: Setup ('/etc/awstats/awstats.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
logrotate[1437034]: Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).
logrotate[1436852]: error: error running non-shared postrotate script for /var/log/imunify360/imunify360-wafd.log of '/var/log/imunify360/imunify360-wafd.log '

@learning_curve Now the Plesk Log is empty :(
Yep, as posted previously, logrotate is run via cron (daily) aka check your own config and/or you can clear that log yourself anyway - if you want to
The logrotate.service failed to start again :(
You've already got sufficient detail in that post, to start looking at your own config, to trace the reasons why this has happened.
Do remember that previously posted link to a post in another thread: Issue - Logrotate not working for some files so as not to get mixed up, plus, if you're completely stuck, then the second part of this previous post, in this thread, is your next option: Issue - Service LOG ROTATE

Back