• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Service plan assignment via migration

Chris1

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

Whenever I migrate a domain from one server to another, the service plan is set to "Custom", is it possible to match or link it up with an identical service plan on the new server automatically?

At the moment I have to go through every domain individually to change them back onto the correct service plan.

Kind regards,
Chris

We use guid of service plan for assigning subscription to plan. As you can imagine this guid is different on different servers. Service Plan cannot be migrated with subscription. Service plan migrates only together with the object to which it belongs. For example, all domain plans and subscriptions will be migrated together with reseller, or all will be migrated when you migrate whole server with server settings.
You can try to migrate the server settings, without the domains, then all service plans of the administrator will come and in the future subscriptions will pick up their corresponding service plans.

Hi IgorG,

Ahh yep I might try and migrate the server settings.

Will there be an option in future to export/import service plans?

Kind regards,
Chris

Would be nice that in 2015 we would finally be able to export & import service plans with Plesk 12.5.
Unfortunately this is still not possible.

Sure; all is nice and well when you have 1 or 2 servers. However we setup about 2 servers a week. Meaning we have to recreate all service plans.
As you might understand this is way to time consuming.

Even my boss is now considering a move to a different brand because of this. He says, or calls it, time wasting. And I have to agree with him.
Why aren't we able to simply import / export 'Service Plans' completely. This is, what we call, a basic feature.

It's a necessity if you setup more than 1 or 2 servers a week.

When we have to redo all settings by hand, people can make mistakes. This is something we don't want.

Anyways, I voted for the option, however since it was already created in 2013 (!) I somehow doubt this will ever be implented.
...or when it's to late when we have moved to a different brand.

I will hold my boss of for a couple of weeks, otherwise we have no other option than to make the switch as well.

Here was the original post for this feature request (from 2013): Import / Export hosting plans
http://talk.plesk.com/threads/service-plan-assignment-via-migration.333896/
I somehow doubt Odin will create this feature as there is no money to be made with. On the other side, I doubt Odin wants to lose customers (not only us) over this.

Last edited:
Hello! Plesk Migrator (http://docs.plesk.com/en-US/12.5/migration-guide/introduction/) is able to assign domains to service plans on target Plesk 12.5 server during migration. Also you can append add-ons to your domains or change owner. Unfortunately, this feature available only via CLI now, but anyway, you could find it useful. Documentation will be available at the end of this week, now you can refer this posts:

Unix: http://talk.plesk.com/threads/migration-transfer-manager-missing.335372/#post-789322
Windows: http://talk.plesk.com/threads/plesk-12-5-migration-for-plesk-12-5.335397/#post-789400

You just need to edit migration list file as you need. I am glad to answer any questions.

The migration manager, which CANNOT migrate 'Service Plans' is of no use in this situation. Also I tried migrating an account to see if it's possible to migrate the 'Service Plan' also, but it won't migrate the 'Service Plan', because it will rename the 'Service Plan' as 'None'. So not useful. Also we are setting up NEW servers, for NEW customers, so they don't need to be migrated at all. This is what I mentioned above.

CLI is not very useful. For the amount a Plesk license costs us, there SHOULD be an option to migrate, or better said 'copy, so-called 'Service Plans' to other servers exactly the same as on the other Plesk servers.

Is Odin is unable to do this, or doesn't find this worthwhile, I will ask my boss to look into other brands on where this is possible. Re-creating over 12 hosting packages, or 'Service Plans' as Odin calls them, is way, way to time consuming, as I already described in my previous post.

It seems Odin is completely ignoring the requested feature (from 2013!) on plesk.uservoice.com.
I never ever asked for a feature before, but Odin apparently doesn't care that much.

So once again; we need a feature (from within Plesk) where it's possible to export (or copy) 'Service Plans' (including all settings, limits, etc. etc. etc.) to other servers.

The link you posted with information about using CLI is way to difficult for our non-technicians. This would mean our technician has to do this, next to setting up servers. Is Odin going to reimburse us for that?
Secondly; the people who work here and setup hosting accounts don't even have SSH access to most servers because of security protocols.

Back