• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Service Unavailable Issue.

Do you have some kind of Issue like this ?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Heard Of

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
J

jagatworld

Hello

I have a dedicated Server from Hostgator, running Win 2003 server and IIS6.0 with ASP.Net Extensions till 3.5.

I am getting this error
"Service Unavailable"
regularly to One of the website hosted on the server.

Total sites hosted : 4,
Data hosted : All are startup sites. There is no data,
Issue Site : Hosting ASP.Net 3.5 website, using features of MSSql , etc.

Mail : Working fine.
CP: Working Fine.
Others : Working Fine.
Website (http) : Service Unavialable.

Please help me

Jagat.

I'm hitting same issue but with another host company. Also it happens intermittently to the plesk control panel too

If you look in the system event log on the server are you getting event id 1022 & 1002 errors posted indicating the IIS pools have terminated.

I also get intermittent issues running win32 programs - they give access denied, try them a few mins later and they work.

One possible cause is running two non compatible .net versions in the same application pool, such as 1.1 and 3.5 or 1.1 and 2.0, etc.

Tihs causes the application pool to crash and will return the service unavailable message.

I have also seen this error message on sites that have connection/bw throttling enabled in IIS and have the values set too low.

The problem in my case was down to the hosting company setting the numproc value too low - it was set at 60 which for a windows vps is way too low, windows itself was taking about 45 of those processes so a couple of websites running in their own IIS pool that were PHP apps running in Fastcgi mode soon took the remaining processes - so when it reached the 60 allowed processes it just couldn't start a new process and websites returned service unavailable.

Back