1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Set Catchall for every domain in Mail Enable

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by InsertCoin, Sep 25, 2009.

1. InsertCoin

InsertCoin Basic Pleskian

23%
    Hi,

Is there a way to set the catch all for all domains to go reject, unless a customer has already set the address? Getting a ridiculous amount of spam at the moment and looking at the log analyser it says:

"Someone is trying to send to an email address which does not exist, but the domain is locally hosted in MailEnable."

When I check a domain I notice that the catch all has not been set to reject so its just hitting the queue. Would setting it to reject be a better method, or set it to silently delete?

2. inCharge.co.uk

inCharge.co.uk Guest

> Is there a way to set the catch all for all domains to go reject

If you have 100s of domains then use the command-line utility to update each domain individually via a batch file or script
    http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/Plesk8.6/Doc/en-US/plesk-8.6-win-cli/index.htm

> or set it to silently delete

Always silently delete, otherwise you send non-delivery receipts to the spams' spoofed sender email addresses, and then you receive non-delivery recipts to your non-deliver receipts.