• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Set different IP addresses for different domains?

SuperBadConchord

New Pleskian
So I want to set a different IP address to one of my domains than the other ones. I know about web spaces but I require database information gathered from the other websites and use itfor the domain with the different IP, and it seems web spaces close them off. Is their a solution to this that I can use?

You just need to put the domain you want into a Subscription and allocate an exclusive IP to that Subscription.

You're connecting to the database, it can be basically anywhere on the server, so yes it "allow it".

Example:
- lets say we have two subscriptions, XX and XY
- if you use your database for domain in subscription XX and you have need to move the same domain in subscription XY you don't really need to move the same database in subscription XY
- this will work, without any problems, however, you will want to move sooner or later your database in subscription XY for obvious reasons (you shouldn't have circus on your server, you want order and that means every subscription with it's domains/databases and then when you want to delete subscription for some reason, you won't have to worry about having database in other place)

As Faris explain you, you need to put that domain as new subscription and select new IP for it.

Last edited:
Back