• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question set location for hosting

bikepope

New Pleskian
Hello
I would appreciate to be able to freely choose the location of a web hosting client. Now everything is always stored in /var/www/vhosts/.
But if you have many customers it would be useful to be able to specify the location of the customer. For example on another partion or a storage path.
Greetings

I see that the first request is from 2013 !!! and Plesk has done nothing. We suggest to change product because this is critical for a webhoster how has different storage devices in use and has to add more when needed.

The question is how critical this feature can be when less than five users vote for it in a year. There are alternative solutions to expand storage space, e.g. migrating to a larger installation or using transvhost.pl script to move the /var/www/vhosts path to a different (larger disk), so maybe the request did not become popular as users are using these alternatives. Who knows.

Hello
This is very relevant. If you work in a heterogeneous environment and run e.g. SANs or LUNs and this also as a cluster it becomes quite exhausting with hundreds of users.
With cPanel I can control where I want to store each client.

Back