• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Set php 5.6 as default

Hi Igore, I want to upgrade my Vendor OS PHP 5.3 to PHP 7. I did a Yum update from Remi on a test machine, the web server stopped working. Will post some instructions on how to do this safely?

Hi esbon,

I did a Yum update from Remi on a test machine, the web server stopped working
If you would like help for a UNIQUE, non-standard setting on your server, pls. consider to...:
  1. Open your very own ( new ) thread ( ... because people searching for help could be frustrated and irritated, if their search results for "PHP 5.6" "set" "default" link to articles/posts, with suggestions/solutions for "PHP 7.0", or "PHP 7.1".
  2. Consider to INCLUDE MORE informations ( as for example: WHICH "PHP 7" - version would you like to use? ( "PHP 7.0" ? "PHP 7.1" ? - - - as for example: WHICH operating system do you use on your server? - - - as for example: WHICH Plesk version do you use on your server ( incl. MU ) - - - ... the more information you provide, the better will be possible suggestions/solutions ).
  3. Your statement "web server stopped working" is insufficient for investigations. Pls. consider to include depending log - entries from apache and/or nginx ( depending to your unique hosting settings for the domain with possible issues/errors/problems!!! ).
  4. Your statement "I did a Yum update from Remi on a test machine" is insufficient for investigations. Pls. consider to include the COMPLETE COMMANDS, from "adding addtional repositories", over to the used "yum" - commands, up to the output from your command line, after you started the depending "yum" - commands. We really can't guess, what you "updated" and certainly can't guess possible issues/errors/problems due to your used "yum" - commands.

Back