• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

set unlimited limts

C

CrispUK

I have a client who has 3 domains in their system.

[client]
> [domain1]
> [domain2]
> [domain3]

the cleint has 1 gb of transfer and 500mb diskspace.

domain1 has 330mb transfer and 100mb
domain2 has 330mb transfer and 150mb
domain3 has 330mb transfer and 150mb

can I share the bandwidth between the 3 domains so that they appear as unlimited inside that clients account?

appear as unlimited inside that clients account
If you mean when they login that they see 'unlimited' instead of the real limit, I don't think you can do this without modifying the Plesk encrypted source files. And if you do find a way to do this, there are many who would like to know how, but of course, doing that would be illegal.

I see.

is there any way I can 'share' the bandwidth between the three sites?

If you mean 'automatically' and not hard coded by putting set numbers in the Limits section of each domain, then the answer is nope. Plesk is setup to have the Client limits set first, then as each Domain is created, you would set the limits for the domain. As long as you don't exceed the total specified per Client, then it will allow you to save those domain settings.

If the Client wants to go above his original limits, then you (the reseller) would then sell him an upgrade hosting package (usually for more money), then you change the Client limits and add the new domain.

Or if not sell a new hosting package, then you would have to recalculate the limits for all that Client's domains, and reset each of the existing domains to free up enough for the new domain to be created.

I hope this makes sense, I am too tired so am not sure my sentences are coming out properly.

your sentances are cool dude.

my problem is that I have set the client to a maximum of 1 gb of transfer and I have shared out the transfer manualy to the 3 domains inside that client...

domain1 has 330mb transfer
domain2 has 330mb transfer
domain3 has 330mb transfer

It would be really cool if I could treat these limits in the same way there are treated for my domains.

same way there are treated for my domains
Not sure if it's just that i'm too tired, but I don't quite know what you mean by this.

If your domains are 'unlimited' as the admin I would suppose you do as most of us and set our own account and domains to unlimited.

But Plesk does like having a hard number entered into those fields (if not unlimited).

Of course, if you wanted to make more work for yourself, you could set the Client and hist domains to unlimited, and rely on manually checking their usage regularly and send them warnings when they approach or exceed their plan limits.... I wouldn't personally do this, too much extra work!

Plesk doesn't allow overselling resources like what you want, but you can build this into your plans. i.e. a plan with 3 domains and 3gb instead of 3 domains and 1gb.

Back