• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Setting Default Site on Dedicated IP: Error: Unable to reconfigure web server...

Dave Rogers

New Pleskian
Code:
Error: Unable to reconfigure web server. websrvmng failed: Site MailEnable WebMail does not exist at IIS7WebSites::get() In IIS7NativeProvider module Exception type: System.Exception at IIS7WebSites.get(IIS7WebSites* , auto_ptr* , Int64 id, basic_string\,std::allocator >* idnName)

Windows Server 2012
Plesk 11.0.9 Update #62
Note: Recently migrated from Plesk 9.2

Trying to set Default Site for a Dedicated IP Address.

I go to Subscription, then to domain > Change Hosting Settings, select dedicated IP address and OK, works fine. Site goes to Default Plesk Page.
Go to Tools & Settings, IP Addresses > Select the dedicated IP address I set above. Change Default Site to site above. Click Ok.

I get the error message above and nothing changes.

I looked on my IIS Server and MailEnable's Webmail is installed under the Default Website.

I have another Dedicated IP on this server and it has a default site on it working properly, but it was set up on the old site and it was configured as part of the Migration using Migration Manager.

I tried deleting the IP address and adding it back in. That didn't change anything. I also tried running: "%plesk_bin%\websrvmng.exe" –reconfigure-webmail since that came up under someone else's issue when searching the web and that .exe is what's throwing the error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi,

Instead of "Go to Tools & Settings, IP Addresses > Select the dedicated IP address I set above. Change Default Site to site above. Click Ok." You should be using IIS Ip bindings to add site to certain ips. That will point your IP to correct site. If you still need help in this regards we can help you with it at 24x7serversupport.com

Back