• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Setting DNS template for DNS round robin causing error during account creation

GrZeCh

New Pleskian
Hello,

I'm trying to achieve DNS round robin in Plesk using DNS template which is being set to all of domains which are being added to Plesk (also during account creation - I'm using WHMCS for this). When I've added multiple A records for the same names but pointing to different IP addresses Plesk has started to return error:

Code:
Error code: 2204. Error message: Unable to update hosting preferences. DNS record already exists.

Does Plesk allows to create DNS round robin configurations?

Another thing which needs to be reported is account which returned error during its creation using Plesk API leaves a lot of stuff not removed from system (Plesk ISO Centos) which is not visible in Plesk GUI (directories, system users etc.). This is making not possible to create the same account again because next time when I wanted to create account using API I received different error:

Code:
Error code: 2204. Error message: Unable to update hosting preferences. The user linuxtes already exists. Incorrect fields: "login".

"linuxtes" is username generated by WHMCS from linuxtest.com domain which I used for testing purposes.

Regards

Hello,

I just confirmed that if I added even one DNS round robin A record (so there was two A records with the same name - in my testing scenario ftp: one ftp <ip> and second one ftp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) it breaks API WWW hosting creation and it leaves A LOT of trash in system and in Plesk DB which should be deleted if Hosting WWW account for domain was not successfully created.

I'm running latest Plesk version. (12.5.x)

Back