• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Setting up email on Andrioid Phone

JustonG

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I have a server running Debian with Plesk 10.4 and I have email setup & configured. I was wondering how I might go about setting up email on my phone? I tried the same configuration as setting it up for outlook, but on my phone when I get to the SMTP part, it fails to connect to the server.

Any suggestions?

Kind Regards
Juston

What sort of error you have?

Setup could not finish
Cannot connect to server.

and this is only on the outgoing part... I got incoming working I can download my mail to my phone but i cant reply to anything or send out from my phone

Are you sure that port 25 is not firewalled? If not - check errors in /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

Are you sure that port 25 is not firewalled? If not - check errors in /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

Firewalled on my phone? I highly doubt it....

I'm trying to set my phone up to get my mail... otherwise everything plesk related is working fine

Perhaps, your providers have close the port 25, is normal for deny spam. Try with tcp/465 with SSL or open submissions (tcp/587) in postfix.

Back