• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Setting up Roundcube

iSchack

New Pleskian
Hi there.

I'm fairly new to Parallels and couldn't find a solution to this most likely easy to solve problem.
I'm a customer of the German hoster Strato who allows me to install and use Parallels Plesk Panel, but doesn't support it.

Here's what I want:
An E-Mail-Server in my own hands. I already have some experience with that.

Here's what I did:
1. Set up a "Customer" in Plesk and assigned a domain to it. That works all fine (Wordpress is already running there.).
2. Went to Server Management > Tools & Settings > Updates and Upgrades and installed Roundcube.
3. Roundcube shows up "green" under SM > T&S > Mail > Webmail
4. I opened the Control Panel for the "Customer" with the my domain (let's call it example.com)
5. Under "Mail" I set up an E-Mail-Adress.
6. In Mail > Change Settings I chose the freshly installed "roundcube 0.8.6." for "Webmail" and hit OK.

Now what? Where can I reach the webmailer? It's not example.com/roundcube or example.com/webmail. It's neither roundcube.example.com nor webmail.example.com.
What else do I have to do? There seems to be no explanation for that anywhere, not even in the manual.
I decided to use Parallels Panel because stuff like that should work out of the box, right?

i have sometimes experienced that some services need to be restarted for a freshly added roundcube to work.

as i don't know which services, i would just reboot the whole machine

and afterwards, reset all DNS settings, that seems to fix the redirections to webmail.yourdomain.com

maybe some1 more experienced can give you exact details

In the meantime I also installed Horde, which now also isn't available unter webmail.example.com or example.com/webmail.

This can't be so hard. I must be doing something wrong, but I have no idea what. It's not as if Parallels is giving me any more options or settings...

How about trying to click an icon with globe and opened mail in the same row as mail address is listed in Panel? Do you even have it? If not, click "Change Settings" and make sure desired webmail is selected.

I did that. The Globe icon takes me to webmail.example.com/roundcube/index.php – which doesn't exist...

Are you sure DNS records already resolve correctly? Does putting webmail.example.com into hosts file help?

On a side note: I think this thread should be here instead.

I'm 99.9% sure that my DNS records are all correct. I haven't changed the MX records yet, but that shouldn't influence the Roundcube web interface.
After debugging this s*** for almost six hours yesterday, I came to the one solution that would allow me to keep my sanity: I ripped it all apart and started over. Now it works like charm. Which is strange, because I did everything, every single step of the way, in exactly the same order as before...

Back