• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Setting up Struts/Tomcat to work with MySQL. Not working from Plesk!

C

coglethorpe

I have a Tomcat (struts) applicaiton that I am deploying from Plesk. I have a user set up in MySQL that the app can connect to and everything works fine on my test box. However, I can't connect from my Tomcat application after I deploy it to my web server with Plesk.

I have even connected to MySQL with a regular Java application via JDBC, but my connection pool does not work. I get this exception--"java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission accessDeclaredMembers)"

Any ideas? I can login to MySQL just fine from the command line or a JDBC appication. But no-go from Struts/Tomcat!

Here's the chunk of my strtus-config.xml file that does the data source:

<data-sources>
<data-source key="mykey" type="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource">
<set-property property="description" value="Ubilik Database"/>
<set-property property="driverClassName" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"/>
<set-property property="username" value="myuser"/>
<set-property property="password" value="mypass"/>
<set-property property="url" value="jdbc:mysql://localhost/test" />
<set-property property="maxCount" value="3"/>
<set-property property="minCount" value="2"/>
</data-source>
</data-sources>

Solving my own problem.

The issue is the catalina.policy file. On the server I am using Tomcat runs with the security policy in place. I have made a few changes there and I think I'm going in the right direction. I have to make one more change to get JDBC ok to run.

Back