• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Setting up Struts/Tomcat to work with MySQL. Not working from Plesk!

C

coglethorpe

Guest
I have a Tomcat (struts) applicaiton that I am deploying from Plesk. I have a user set up in MySQL that the app can connect to and everything works fine on my test box. However, I can't connect from my Tomcat application after I deploy it to my web server with Plesk.

I have even connected to MySQL with a regular Java application via JDBC, but my connection pool does not work. I get this exception--"java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission accessDeclaredMembers)"

Any ideas? I can login to MySQL just fine from the command line or a JDBC appication. But no-go from Struts/Tomcat!

Here's the chunk of my strtus-config.xml file that does the data source:

<data-sources>
<data-source key="mykey" type="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource">
<set-property property="description" value="Ubilik Database"/>
<set-property property="driverClassName" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"/>
<set-property property="username" value="myuser"/>
<set-property property="password" value="mypass"/>
<set-property property="url" value="jdbc:mysql://localhost/test" />
<set-property property="maxCount" value="3"/>
<set-property property="minCount" value="2"/>
</data-source>
</data-sources>
 
Solving my own problem.

The issue is the catalina.policy file. On the server I am using Tomcat runs with the security policy in place. I have made a few changes there and I think I'm going in the right direction. I have to make one more change to get JDBC ok to run.
 
Back
Top