• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Setup Auto-Update Secondary DNS on Windows Server 2012? Possible?

DavidO1

New Pleskian
We have a simple setup with two Windows 2012 servers. Both have Plesk, but one is the "master" (Server 1) with all DNS, CP, mail, etc. And the other (Server 2) just host websites through A records pointed from the master.

The problem currently is that if we reboot server 1, then all of the sites on server 2 also go down. So we want the DNS on server 2 to be a secondary of server 1 DNS.

I found how to set it up domain by domain (individual zone by zone), but how can I set it up to copy ALL of the Forward Lookup Zones, now and in the future?

I'm interested in either a Plesk or a Windows Server option. I just need something that will work reliably and auto update (so when we add new zones to server 1 DNS, it will update server 2 DNS zones also, including adding new ones and deleting old ones).

Is this possible?

Back