• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Setup mail server with SSL

CoyoteKG

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I installed SSL and set it for "Certificate for securing mail". It is wildcard cert for domain *.cc.team
FQDN of that server is webserver.cc.team

Also I created domain ceman.info, and added one test mailbox.
And I want to use mailserver with SSL.
So in client I added for IMAP and SMTP name of that server "webserver.cc.team" not "mail.ceman.info" like plesk suggest. But unfortunately not working. Can't authenticate.

Also i tried in DNS of domain (in Plesk) ceman.info to change MX record to webserver.cc.team

Can you help me to understand how to use always for all domains that one domain (FQDN of server) because for that domain I have already installed SSL.

Sorry, previous question was stupid... pls delete theme.
This morning I turned on Firewall on Hetzner's robot, and port 993 and 587 was not opened.
I opened it and now works fine.

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-3_17-31-18.png
    upload_2017-4-3_17-31-18.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 6
I have a cert for mydomain.com with SANs for mail.mydomain.com and www.mydomain.com.
I installed this via the subscription in Plesk, uploading the cert and its bundle.
When I look at these 2 endpoints domain.com is showing valid cert but mail.domain.com is showing expired.
How do I get the cert associated with mail.mydomain.com?

Hi paultanner,

did you as well secure the mail - server with the mentioned certificate?

=> HOME > Tools & Settings > Security > SSL/TLS Settings > ( option ) Certificate for securing mail

Pls. note, that this thread has been marked as "resolved". If you have an issue/error/problem/question, you should consider to open a NEW thread. ;)

Back