• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Setup the time on how long Spams and Trash will keep its content

derde0

Basic Pleskian
Hi there,

where can i setup how long messages in folders 'Spam' or/and 'Trash' will stay? Is it possible for the single user to adjust this setting by himself?

Cio derde

Hi there again,

i have to push the topic. It seems to me that in cron this task is configured - with
/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php
. But maybe i am wrong - so light may way, please ;-)

Cio derde

Dear Support at parallels (sorry for pushing the topic again)

Hi again (and pushing again),

or should i say: dear support at parallels, could you be so kind and answer my question: where can i configure how long e-mails are stored in Trash and/or Spam folder?

Thank you very much

It is not configurable. Mail will stay there until you delete it manually or from your mail client.

It is not configurable. Mail will stay there until you delete it manually or from your mail client.

Thank you Igor for your reply.

My Plesk-Versdion is 11.5.30#28 an a CentOS 6.5; i did a fresh installation on October 9, 2013 with CentOS 6.4 - on my system all mails in spam and trash are deleted if they are older than 30 days (Spam) or 14 days (trash)(corresponding to the "Date"-field of the message). So - is it a bug or a feature? Are the anybody else who have/had some experiences?

Cio derde

Maybe it is related to special settings of your mail client?

Dear Igor,

Maybe it is related to special settings of your mail client?

my customers and i mostly use the Mozilla Thunderbird Client (latest stable release). I guess it is not about the mail client. But i will figure it out. I now will use only the roundcube mail client and will report after weekend any results.

Thank you so far and cio derde

Dear Igor,

i checked it up the last two weeks (no thunderbird; only the webmailer (roundcube); two different servers with the same bs and version of plesk with courier) - the trash-folder and the spam-folder are drained. Only mails newer than the last 14 days are left in spam-folder. It seems that the mails were deleted on weekend. My guess is, that some kind of a cronjob makes the job. For me this isn't a feature ... I would be glad if you could follow up this behavior.

Thanks in advanced
derde

Back