1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Shared directory for 3 domains

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by DaemonJ, Feb 10, 2005.

1. DaemonJ

DaemonJ Guest

I have 3 domains that I would like to have share a single directory.

This single directory will contain product images that all 3 sites have in common.

I have created symbolic links in 2 of the sites that point to the directory of the third site.

When attempting to access files in the shared folder from either of the 2 sites I receive an invalid permissions message.

The shared folder has been chmod -R 777 * on it so the only thing that I can think of is perhaps the open_basedir setting is getting in my way.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can get this to work and what needs to be done?

2. tomcat8118

tomcat8118 Guest

did you ever solve this? i'm in a similar situation... i'm using a cms and attempting to link one site to another on the same server but on different domains. however i receive an "unable to create directory error". just let me know if you solved your problem and how.

Tom