• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Shared SSL certificate

P

Pauli Jokela

Hey everyone,

I'm in a bit of a pickle here. I've had a fully working system for around six months now, but I ran into some major database problems and had to do a recovery. Ever since then, things have been slowly falling apart. I've fixed all that's come my way, except for an SSL problem.

Basically, I've got one SSL certificate set up in Plesk -> Settings -> SSL Certificates for my domain, didstopia.com.
I've also selected that same certificate from the "IP Addreses" page and set the default site to didstopia.com.

Now, I don't actually need to create a new certificate for the domain, right? As the control panel is located on the *same* domain, just like Sitebuilder and they all work just fine.

The problem here is that https://didstopia.com uses a self-signed certificate, and I can't understand why!?

By my understanding, the certificate is fine, as the control panel (port 8443) uses it and I can see that it's issued by Thawte and such.

Please, I hope that if someone knows of a fix, they'll reply as soon as possible, this is pretty annoying concerning old and new clients who can't even access the frontpage.

If you go to Plesk CP > Domains > didstopia.com > Web hosting
what certificat do you see there? Is there expected vertificate shown?

Back