• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Shared SSL

S

ScottT

Hello,

I set up shared SSL for my Plesk 10 server. But when I go to the shared SSL URL, I get the default certificate.

I followed these steps to set up shared SSL:

1. Select domain and switch on SSL support in web hosting settings.
2. Install valid SSL certificate on that site.
3. Make it act as master SSL domain for all other websites hosted on the server.
4. In Tools & Utilities > Shared SSL, select the "Switch on shared SSL" checkbox and choose master domain name.
5. Go to a domain and switch on shared SSL and specify virtual and physical directory names.
6. In browser, go to https://master_ssl_domain.com/my_virtual_dir.

After following these steps, the browser still gives me default certificate. Any ideas what is wrong?

Also, can I use the same certificate to secure the control panel and for shared SSL?

Scott

1) if you go to https://master_ssl_domain.com/ which certificate used?

2) How are you using Shared SSL? Do you sell this functionality to your customers? or using for your own sites?

Starting from Plesk 10 you can have addon domains in the same subscription, so SSL can be enabled on one site in subscription, and virtual directories created pointing to addon domain sites.
Starting from Plesk 10.2 you can enable SSL on any site (no matter exclusive or shared IP you have). Customers having dedicated IP can choose what certificate to be installed on IP, and customers having shared IP cannot select certificate - they will use certificate installed by admin or reseller.

After all these changes: do you still need to have Shared SSL? maybe your scenario can be resolved differently?

Help

Hi,
So if i have a shared domain which is using the same ip as all my other domains and i want to install a certificate in plesk 10.2, can you please tell me the steps i need to make to do this?

Back