• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Short mailname login doesn't work

Dutchie

New Pleskian
Hi,

I migrated a older server to a new 8.6 install.
All went well untill a custmer asked why he could send email anymore.
I noticed I forgot to enable pop3 authentication so I enabled it.

Immidate Plesk said short logins where not possible because a login was the same as a password.
Well I know this issue, you just change the Mysql entry short_login in the PSA database (tabel misc) to enabled and it works.
Except, this time it didn't work...
The Plesk interface shows 'short logins enabled' but the servers does not act this way and won't accept short logins.
I ran /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mchk --with-spam, restarted courier-imap and qmail, een rebooted the server.
I changed it back to disabled by changing somthing in the Mail menu in the CP again and ran the Mysql query to set it to 'enable' again.
Nothing works.

The Controlpanel shows the right option "allow short and long logins" but the mailserver refuses to accept.

I installed a new server, migrated all sites again...same problem. After changing the disabled manually in the database to enabled it still won't work.

Does anyone have any ideas where to look? I'm all out of ideas :(

Back