• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Should I use nginx as a proxy for WAMP?

arabtion

New Pleskian
I build a chat application based on WebSocket. As backend I use PHP and nginx as a proxy for WebSocket connection.

Searching about PHP libs for WS gave me Ratchet. This tools support WAMP protocol. Something about it: [redacted]

Well, I've decided to use this protocol - it seems useful. I tuned nginx for proxy WebSocket connections in standard way. And for common using WebSocket at frontend/backend - all is ok.

But, if I start use WAMP at backend and try to use autobahn.js for WAMP at frontend, I catch 426 No Sec-WebSocket-Protocols requested supported as response every time. At PHP I see that connection from nginx is not receiving. So, as I understood, nginx doesn't process connection with WAMP subprotocol in right way.

So, I don't understand, should I use nginx as a proxy for WAMP? WAMP is just a subprotocol for WebSocket, but doesn't work for me.
Does anybody knows where problem is?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back