1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Should I wait for plesk 7

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by sebastian, Mar 7, 2004.

1. sebastian

sebastian Guest

Hi all

I purchased Plesk 6.5 a while ago, but never got it installed because of quite a few things, that all had nothing to do with plesk.

Now, I got a new server and ready to setup plesk, but should I wait for version 7 which should be out soon.. In an email the plesk team writes "ga march"

I've seen a few posts about upgrade problems, so please advice me.

Thanks
    Sebastian

2. AdamF

AdamF Guest

Hey,

Plesk 6.5 Still has some problems with it so if this is going to be for a commercial box then 6.5 is probably best as you know Plesk 7 will have problems. PLEASK will fix them but it may take a couple of months.

Stability = go for 6.5
    More Features, first geek on the block syndrome = wait for 7

But then we may find Plesk says you have to have a clean install for Plesk 7 so it may be more trouble in the long run.

AdamF

3. sebastian

sebastian Guest

Wow, that doesn't sound good. :(

Is there any other hosting panel out there that works then?

4. AdamF

AdamF Guest

momotan, I think thats going a bit far isn't it? sebastian, Plesk has its issues but I hear the other cps have them too. Give Pleask a go and see how it works for you.