• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Show hidden directory /var/log

raulabad98

New Pleskian
Hello, good evening:

First of all, I am new to using Plesk.
I would like to be able to show the /var/log directory via FTP(Filezilla), the problem is that the /log folder does not appear, however, if I use PuTTY it does show it to me.

What do I have to do?

Depending on which account you use to log into the server, there is a difference in what you see or don't see. When using PuTTY, you are most likely logging in with the root account, which has the highest privileges and rights on the server and therefore, you can see the system directory /var/log.
When you go to the server using Filezilla with FTP protocol, you are most likely doing so with a user account restricted from browsing system directories like /var/log.

Back