• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

single namespace in mailman

LegolasTheElf

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,
it seems that an old mailman problem still bugging me.
at now i've a full-mantained 9.0.1 plesk version, with mailman reported by the Component Administration page in Plesk that is 2.1.9-4el5 version, that update manager said to me that was sended by parallels on 29 Jan 2009.
The server has a 1 and an half life history, so can be possible to have old configuration files for Mailman (but why we pay for this panel if they doesn't keep package configuration mantained? ^__^ )

at now, as time ago, if i try to make a new "info" mailing list for a new domain the server still say to me that it cannot do this because the ml "info" still exist.

Time ago i've investigated this trouble and i've found that is why Mailman use a single namespace, so the ml aren't keep separated by domain to domain, so if i want to have 2 different "info" ml, one on one domain and one onto another (for example [email protected] and [email protected]) i can't because mailman consider all the ml over the server in a single cauldron.

but Mailman have implemented full virtual hosting a lot of time ago (as you can see here http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=943827&group_id=103&atid=300103 the "definitive" patch was released for version 2.1.1-5.1 so a VERY long time before 2.1.9 that we have now) so i can't think that in the present release used by parallels this is not implemented, so i'm start thinking that this can be a problem of my server (i dunno why, but computer sience seems every day much more like voodoo, so i've stopped to make consideration about this)

the other think that gives to me the same idea is that from 9.0.1 upgrade i cannot found anymore around the "mail user group" that before i've used to work around to the problem, so or i've 2 different bugs or there is something strange around.

so, here born first question:
all you around have 9.0.1 with working mailman virtual host? is a problem of mine or a bug still persistent in plesk?
and if it's like this, what have you done to have it works?

because the only think that i've seen around about this seems to say to erase the mailman ml (the configuration of malman) that is NOT recoverable, so it's something that like to me a russian roulette, and remake the mailman configuration.

the second question is, obviuously, have you around still the mail user group? where i can found it into the new vista skin (that seems been realized to hide all useful things)? or i'm in a strange situation?

thanks a lot for the help

Back