• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Site login won't work with domain alias / forward

SDshooter

New Pleskian
We're having a problem and I'm not sure if it's a site coding issue or a server setup issue. Either way I'm hoping there's a way to make this work on my server. I've had no luck searching the KB.
We have 2 domain names for a new site, a primary and an alternate. We had the site working under the primary name on a development server. I set up the alternate domain name on my server, we copied everything over, and then I added the primary name as a domain alias forwarded to the alternate site on my server using frame forwarding. Now the site login won't work unless someone goes to the alternate URL, presumably because of the frame forward..?
Is there a way to make this work regardless of which URL someone goes to?
Is there a way to make what's now the domain alias the "primary" URL for the site?
Am I going to have to remove the alias and copy the site to its own hosting, and then redo the alias the other way? (The site is database-driven, so I was imagining this being a problem.)
THANKS for any/all guidance!!!

Back