• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

site not saved on publish

JamesS315

New Pleskian
client has an old snapshot from 2 months ago, they logged in to make changes to their site. published the site, but when we log back into the site builder its basically showing us the old snapshot, not what the customer recently published.

is it possible there is a bug causing it not to save when publishing? would it make sense to have "save" or "revert" slot dedicated to the last 3 publish events?

just to double check it is intended that the sitebuilde 11.0.10 should auto save on publish?

Hi James,

Snapshots are not exactly "website states" -- they're more like a saved game file. In other words, when you save a snapshot, you're basically creating a backup file. Once created, snapshot is not synchronized/updated with your website state anymore. I hope this clarifies your confusion.

I think it might be a good idea to automatically save a snapshot before publishing website in case something goes wrong and gets broken -- but I also think that it makes more sense to evolve snapshots into something similar to "website states" that are synchronized/updated with your website. Do you think it would be more convenient for your customers, James?

One of my customers experienced something similar on WPB 10.4.4 lately: For an unknown reason an old version of the site appeared (in WPB and public). We were able to reinstate the correct published version from a backup. However, the version in WPB had to be recreated manually due to the fact that no snapshot had been saved. Therefore I support your idea of a snapshot being auto-saved when a site is published.

Last edited:
a stateful system or a transaction log like tracking history would be great, this problem might even be related to a bug in the code given certain conditions with the client, either way saving a snapshot on publish would save everyone alot of headakes!

thanks for looking into it

@ Parallels: Could you please give us an update on wheather anything has been implemented / what is planned?

Back