1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Site permission changes....!!??

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by nettproffen, Dec 4, 2008.

1. nettproffen

nettproffen Guest

Hi -

I have been using Plesk for windows since v8. We have now 8.6
    I notice a really strange behaviour, and Ill would like to know what others experience regarding this.

Some customers need to have special permissions on some folders. Like IUSR read on upload folders. Network Service permission for asp upload etc. We usually login to our windows server to set these permissions.

But after some weeks the special permissions are suddenly reset, causing a lot of trouble. Pages can be displayed, uploads dont work etc. And we need to set new permissions again, causing a lot of time use and trouble.

So what the ..... is going on? It belive it is not a windows server failure.
    I suspect this is a Plesk issue where Plesk is owerwriting permissions on folders.
    Earlier we used Helm, and this was no problem. When changing to Plesk the trouble started.

Are anyone else experience the same problems with permissions ?

Regards,

Bjørn-T

2. alta

alta Regular Pleskian

please make sure that you set permissions via Plesk Control panel 9not manualy using Windows explorer). Please set permissions via Plesk->domains->domain.com->file manager->cliek on "change permissions" using 'lock' button->advanced