• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Site permission changes....!!??

N

nettproffen

Hi -

I have been using Plesk for windows since v8. We have now 8.6
I notice a really strange behaviour, and Ill would like to know what others experience regarding this.

Some customers need to have special permissions on some folders. Like IUSR read on upload folders. Network Service permission for asp upload etc. We usually login to our windows server to set these permissions.

But after some weeks the special permissions are suddenly reset, causing a lot of trouble. Pages can be displayed, uploads dont work etc. And we need to set new permissions again, causing a lot of time use and trouble.

So what the ..... is going on? It belive it is not a windows server failure.
I suspect this is a Plesk issue where Plesk is owerwriting permissions on folders.
Earlier we used Helm, and this was no problem. When changing to Plesk the trouble started.

Are anyone else experience the same problems with permissions ?

Regards,

Bjørn-T

please make sure that you set permissions via Plesk Control panel 9not manualy using Windows explorer). Please set permissions via Plesk->domains->domain.com->file manager->cliek on "change permissions" using 'lock' button->advanced

Back