• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Site Preview

aremdee

Basic Pleskian
Not sure what the problem is but I can't preview a new website using Quick Site Preview. I have configured Tools and Settings > Website Preview Settings > Quick Preview on a domain name in Plesk by selecting the server domain name, yet despite this when I go to a new domain I setup today and click preview I get a browser windows that says "Server Not Found".

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, any help appreciated.

Thanks
Roger

Quick Site Preview requires wildcard domain name configured in settings. "Server Not Found" response makes me think that provided domain name doesn't really resolve. What are your settings in Server > Website Preview Settings?

Thanks for responding so quickly. I assume you mean Tools and Settings > Website Preview Settings which is set to use the domain name the server uses. It's a FQDN and I have tested previews on a couple of domains that have already delegated and are running Wordpress. The record for the domain I'm having trouble with is pointing to a different server.

However I have just checked again and the server not found error has gone and this new domain is now working apart from a css issue (no standard Wordpress theme showing). It's a Wordpress site too and I installed it using the application installer rather than the manual way I usually do it. Maybe it's a time thing or has an issue with the ongoing problem of the new Wordpress management system. This new install is running PHP 5.4 yet I'm getting warnings that it is using a PHP version below 5.3. Perhaps I need to wait till the ticket I have going is resolved.

Thanks again.
Roger

Back