• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Sitebuilder and Plesk Panel behind Firewall

S

synergypro

Can someone answer a configuration question for me. Support has been totally useless, they've been screwing around for over a week and seem to have no clue. They can tell me what the problem is but are unable to tell me how to fix it.

When I have Plesk Panel configured to work behind a firewall (Web Hosting Settings IP Address is the internal address of 192.168.102.7) as described in documentation my site is visiable by the public using the public IP address. However in this configuration, Sitebuilder is not able to publish the site or "Verify Location".

When I setup the site in Plesk to use the Public IP address in the Web Hosting Settings, Sitebuilder is able to "Verify Location" and publish the site. However when trying to access the site using the public URL / IP the user is shown the "Default Plesk website" and not the specific site.

One workaround support did was to MANUALLY add an entry to /etc/hosts for the internal IP / domain name. However that's not acceptable because I don't want to add an entry everytime someone creates a domain.

Any suggestions?

Back