• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sitebuilder banner and logo problems

A

AnneS

Hi. I am very new to the Sitebuilder, and I am having trouble adding my own banner and logo to the templates. First off, the user's guide that pops up when I click on the help function says it's Sitebuilder 4.5 for Linux/Unix. I am working with Windows, so could the wrong builder have been installed, and that's why I'm having problems? Or maybe it just says that on all the help sections, regardless of the actual platform one is using.

My problem is that I can't seem to make a banner or logo that fits any template. There are no guidelines for sizing, resolution, or covering over the existing banners. The help says that this varies depending on the template, and suggests that I try uploading an image bigger than 1024x350 px, and says I will see a warning message containing the maximum banner dimensions for the current template. I get no warning message, regardless of the size I use, and half the time it doesn't acknowledge that I uploaded anything. I've tried creating screenshots of the previews, and then making banners to match in Photoshop, but no banner that I've made has covered all of the banner space, and sometimes it appears squished down or pixelated. The one time I decided to stay with a template banner and just add a logo, it added a second banner, offset from the first one, that contained the logo, but the original banner was still visible above the second one.

The logo issue is much the same. I can't figure out how the template determines where the logo will be placed. It doesn't seem consistent, and the sizing seems to be arbitrary, having nothing to do with the size of the actual logo I've made.
Are there guidelines somewhere for covering over the existing banners? I like the edges of them, but I don't want to use any of the various pictures of people, flowers, or sailboats that are usually included with them.

Thanks so much for any help you can offer.

Similar problem

I am very new to website building, and very frustrated by the experience so far. I also want to replace the lovely smiling faces on the design banner, but when I try to upload an appropriate photo I get a message that the image exceeds the size limit. Also, my logo is too large on the page. I reduced my logo size and saved it and uploaded that version....no different in size on the web page.

What's a builder to do??? I need basic instruction, I think. Any sources?

I agree - logo customization doesn't work

I've also wasted hours trying to troubleshoot that which should be trivial. It doesn't matter how I format/size my logo, it ends up taking up half the page, even if the logo itself is only a few pixels in size.

I am totally unimpressed with this solution and can't believe it is actually sold as a customizable solution that can create websites in "minutes".

I've also sent a note to my provider who hosts this useless product letting them know that I won't be signing up anytime soon.

Dan

Logo as Banner

We used a work around for the banner issue.

We created a logo within a 13x3.5 document. The doc size and the where the logo is placed within the doc window is critical.

Save for web and devices as .png file.

Problems with Sizing Banners and Logos

This is just a trial and error approach.

Find the template that you want to use. Upload the banner or logo. If you then press the "Preview", it should bring up a new window that will display the first page of the template. You should be able to see what the banner or logo will look like. If it looks messed up - stretched, multiple copies, etc. - you will need to select another template to use. As far as I know there is no way to build a banner or logo to fit one of these templates.

This is not the best solution, but you can at least try and find a template that will meet your needs.

Hope this helps some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back