• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sitebuilder Wizard Problem

• Thread starter Christopher Macnichol
  • Start date
C

Christopher Macnichol

Hello All,

Recently I have undertaken the task of redesigning our website using the wizard. The problem began when someone else messed with it without telling me. Somehow the wizard when it starts it comes up with a template that is completely different then our current site. Enough so that I can't even fix it. At this point we can't make any changes at all or it would overwrite the actual good site.

So what I need is, is there a way to reset the Sitebuilder wizard so it is based off the current active website? So I can actually edit what we currently have?

On another issue, does anyone have any recommendations for the best software to edit a Plesk wizard created site offline in another program?

Thanks for the help.

Sitebuilder Wizard Problem Solved

Christopher, I too had this same issue this morning, but it's a pretty easy fix.

First, go to your existing site (not through the Sitebuilder, just use your web browser).

Then go to VIEW on the menu tab and select SOURCE.

You will see the actual HTML coding for the site. Look for the following:
/head inside of <>

Then look for "body marginheight=" blah, blah, blah. At the end of that line, inside of the <>, I found the template info:

template=av-242

What you are looking for is the av-242 part. Yours could be vap-27 or travel-006, whatever.

Now that you have the template number, go back to Sitebuilder and open your site to edit. Select DESIGN, then do a search for your template number. Select it, select the color, change your logo and banner image if they are wrong, and you are good to go.

Good luck with your site.

Back