• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sites hang for 10 seconds then come back, over and over

F

Flawless

I have a problem where all the websites I host seem to go offline/unavaiable every 10 seconds or so for about a total of 10 seconds and then they come back online. Durning this 10 second downtime the FTP's, Plesk control panel, email and everything else is working fine just the websites go down. I am using Plesk 7.5.5 and when Plesk Service Manager loads up the following list is everything thats running.

Plesk Control Panel
--Pleskcontrolpanel

Plesk Run-Time
--Plesk Management Service
--Plesk Miscellaneous Service
--Plesk SQL Server
--Task Scheduler

Mail Server
--MailEnable List Connector
--MailEnable Mail Tranfer Agent
--MailEnable POP Service
--MailEnable Postoffice Connector
--MailEnable SMTP Connector
--Plesk PopPass Service
--Plesk SpamAssassin Service

AntiVirus
--DrWebCom

SQL Server
--MSSQLSERVER
--MySQL Server

Firewall
--Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)

FTP Server
--Serv-U FTP Server

Tomcat
--Apache Tomcat

Site Builder
--SWsoft Sitebuilder

Web Server
--World Wide Web Publishing Service

I checked Event Viewer and only error I get is the following

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{000C101C-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
to the user EMAGINE-PLESK\SiteBuilder SID (S-1-5-21-1792691097-2310756112-490551908-1017). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I made sure I had all the right ports open in my router like 80, 21, 53, 25, 110, 443.

I currently run Windows 2003 Standard Server on the main machine with a VMware running Windows 2003 Standard Server which is running my Plesk stuff. The networked interface for my VMware is a Bridged - Connected directly to physical network. and has its own private IP address and MAC address.

Reason why I run VMware as my main webserver is because I can clone the entire OS as a backup incase something wrong happens to main server I can just turn on the backup.

If anyone has similar problem or know what I could possibly have messed up please let me know asap.

Thanks
Jeff

My server is doing something very similar!!

Let me know if you find a solution!!!

Hi pg116

I don't have a guarenteed solution, but I believe its a router problem instead of a Plesk problem. I was running everything behind a D-link wireless router with WEP enabled and DHCP disabled, then I decided to plugin my Netgear 8 port wired router back in and everything seems to be working fine.

Now what confuses me is I never had this problem with the D-link in the past and have never changed the settings, but all of a sudden this started happening, so I am a bit flustered and would like to find the exact reason why this happened.

Thanks
Jeff

Yeah that doesn't help me. My server is in a large datacenter!

Back