• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Slab Memory Creeps Up Over Time

pould

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,

This may not be a Plesk problem after all, but would welcome anyone's input.

I have a VPS with a leading provider, running Plesk on Centos. In the Advanced Memory monitor on the Plesk FrontEnd I can see that after the server is restarted the Slab Memory starts to creep up slowly until it reaches a peak maxing out the total memory on the VPS.

Running cat /proc/meminfo via SSH confirms that the Slab Memory size reported on the Plesk front end is a true reading.

This looks like a memory leak somewhere and I would welcome any advice on how to track it down.

Thanks,

P+

Memory is only freed when it is needed for other processes. Until then, it is possible that all memory is "used".

Thanks - the issue is that the slab memory creeps up over the course of a few hours. I'm looking for advice that is either (i) telling me that this is normal for Plesk and explaining why or (ii) telling me a good way to find out where the memory leak is coming from.

Back