• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Slow FTP

G

gamersroot

Hi everybody,

we installed Plesk 7.5.2 on our FC2 machine...

when we access to our domain FTP, it VERY VERY slow for the chdir or list or anything...the only that is fast it's the upload/download by itself...

So if i must upload multiples files, it take 1-2 hours to send 100 files of 10ko each...

Do somebody have an idea?

I use SecureFX !!!!

I don't have an answer but I see the same thing when connecting to plesk sites with Dreamweaver.
Connecting is VERY slow and I get disconnected after a short time. I suspect the disconnect problem is an "inactivity timeout" kind of thing in a ftp config file somewhere. I haven't looked into it yet. If/when I do I'll let you know what I find out.

thanks for your time!

Do you know how to restart the FTP process?

thanks!

One thing to check is in your proftpd.conf file, make sure you have 'UseReverseDNS off', and also check that between the <Global> tags is 'IdentLookups off'.

Hi guys,

thanks for your help!

When i put the settings 'UserReverseDNS off' in my proftpd.conf file (just before the <global> tag) it seems that i can't connect to my server anymore!

With 'UserReverseDNS off' :

i Session 00006 established for session /webhost.gamersroot
i SecureFX version 2.2.8.241 (Official Release - October 26, 2004)
i Control connection successfully established.
i Control connection closed normally.

It's my report from SecureFX, the control connectgion closed right after the establishment!

It's kind of weird, if i take out this option, i connect, but it's very slow...

Yes i put the other setting into the <global>

Do you want me to paste my protftpd.conf ?

Thanks for your help!

My bad, I misspelled one.

It should be 'UseReverseDNS off', not User...

YEAH!

You rock...

everything is fine now...

thks a lot!

My FTP is very slow if I upload a lot of small size's file! Does anybody know what is the problem? I have seen my proftpd.conf, it does has the

# delay on login off
IdentLookups off
UseReverseDNS off

Can somebody help?

Originally posted by jamesyeeoc
One thing to check is in your proftpd.conf file, make sure you have 'UseReverseDNS off', and also check that between the <Global> tags is 'IdentLookups off'.

webalizer-FTP of Plesk will not be happy about this.

Back