• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Slow performance after securing websites with Lets Encrypt SSL

Jeroen Vermeulen

New Pleskian
Hi!,

Recently my VPS with CentOS and Plesk 12.5 died.
I manually moved all websites to a new VPS.

OS ‪CentOS 6.9 (Final)‬
Plesk version 12.5.30 Update #74

I am using Lets Encrypt for all my websites.
I have around 45 Joomla websites, 30 Wordpress websites and some miscellaneous.
Right from the start, I saw that performance is slow on all websites.
The first TTFB is very bad.
After disabling SSL, performance is way faster.

Please see image.
I deleted some information from the image that shows personal information.

Do you have any idea where I should look for the problem?

Thank you.

Attachments

• starttransfertime_slow.png
    starttransfertime_slow.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 17
Few things I would suggest; I'd check to make sure they are all using the latest version of PHP. In addition, I would check to make sure keep-alive is enabled.

Is this a virtual machine by chance? If so, you may want to experiment with the different network drivers.

Thnx for your reply!

The websites use the latest version of PHP.
How can I check if keep-alive is enabled? I see some information on internet, but nothing recently combined with Plesk.

It's a VPS at a well known dutch hosting company. The old server didn't have this.

you may want to experiment with the different network drivers.
I am impressed. Indeed this is a very likely source of issues in this case. The hosting company needs to advise on it, though, because changes to these drivers could easily take the system offline.

Whoops forgot about this until Peter bumped it LOL. What type of virtualization do they use?

Check with your host and verify your network adapter type is VMXNET 3 which would be the best practice. E1000 is what the common default is. You should see your performance improved dramatically if this is the case.

It's already on VMXNET3. I just called them and I can also see it in the vSphere Web Client.
Check with your host and verify your network adapter type is VMXNET 3 which would be the best practice. E1000 is what the common default is. You should see your performance improved dramatically if this is the case.

Hi all,

I don't understand but this issue fixed itself.
I didin't change anything.

Please see image.

Topic closed!

Attachments

• fixed.png
    fixed.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 13
Back