1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Slow Sending Email

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by poke, Jun 8, 2005.

1. poke

poke Guest

I remember the last time my email was leaving my outbox at a 20 -30 second rate :( , I edited - /etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa and added -Rt0 to server_args.....

That was just 6 months ago or so... Now since the 7.5.3 upgrade, here is what my smtp_psa file looks like:

service smtp
    {
    socket_type = stream
    protocol = tcp
    wait = no
    disable = no
    user = root
    instances = UNLIMITED
    server = /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env
    server_args = /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -r /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail/bin/true
    }

How do I use the R and t commands with this configuration? I'm a bit confused b/c i didn't pay much attention when I had this same problem months ago.
    :p

2. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

Edit the line
    server_args = /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -r /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true

to be

server_args = -Rt0 /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -r /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true

Also remember to also edit the smtps_psa file the same way.

Then restart smtp/qmail from the control panel.

Note: Poke, since you are using the rblsmtpd module with the -r, I'm not sure if this will work as it did on earlier versions of Plesk (without the rblsmtpd). Please try it and post here if it worked (or not)

3. poke

poke Guest

worked perfect!!!

Thanks a lot :D