• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Slow TTFB

sebgonzes

Silver Pleskian
Hi

I have various server with cloudlinux 7.1 and plesk 12.5. I have also an issue about time to first byte, in some case (in general with wordpress), the first access is very slow, then, the website work fine.
I have install ruxit script to analyse the situation, and... it seem the mod_dir produce the problem! It's not posible to disabled it, but I don't know why this mod produce this problem...
Someone else have the problem?
slowtffb.jpg

Hi sebgonzes,

if you would like to analyze your sites, I recommend using => http://www.webpagetest.org

Often enough, when you use wordpress, bad coded plugins and rewrite rules are an issue of "slow" sites. Consider to switch of each plugin ( one by one ) and analyze again afterwards to find culprits. Investigations of log - files can as well help.

Hello

I use this website as well as other (ping dom for example), but for detected possible server issue, it's necesary more advanced tools as ruxit in this case...
In this case, it's seem that mod_dir module can slower the request....

Hi sebgonzes,

... but for detected possible server issue, it's necesary more advanced tools as ruxit in this case...
In this case, it's seem that mod_dir module can slower the request....
Sorry to disappoint you, but as you can see in your case, there is no advantage to use "ruxit"... it just pushes you to guessings instead of investigations. Consider to increase your log - levels, to get more informations in your logs and tryout as well strace or ktrace for detailed analysis.

Well, it's true that don't give me the final solution, but almost ruxit say me wiitch module seem lock the first load (that is something it's not possible to know with analyze sites)...
I willl try to increase logs now...

Please keep us posted on what you find out. I often have trouble with TTFB as well and still look for a solution to this.

Well, It seem that our TTFB is better now, what we have changed (servers are VPS with kvm), is the network card model in proxmox (from intel E1000 to VirtIO), it's an specific case...
The time in general seem better now, but I can't confirm that is the only/real problem that cause this.

Back