• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Smart Host

N

NorthLANs

Hello,

Has anyone setup Plesk to be a Smart Host for another e-mail server?

I have a customer where we point the smtp mail DNS MX record to our Plesk server, where we scan for spam and virii, then forward the message to their internal Exchange 2003 server.

Currently the setup sends outbound smtp mail directly from the Exchange server, but this causes some problems from time to time because the mail is coming from a different address then what the domain is pointing to and I think some spam filters see that as spoofing and block the message.

I think that I can correct the problems by having the Exchange server send their outbound mail back to my Plesk server, and then let the Plesk server send it out.

Is there anything that I need to setup within Plesk to allow that to happen or should Plesk work without having to do anything?

Thanks for any help or direction.
NorthLANs

BUMP -- anyone else have any ideas on how to do this. This is especially important now because of the way Google Apps is setup - they require us to setup a Smart Host so our clients can send email off their forms on their Web site.

Back