1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Smartermail Redirect and Mailbox behave strangely

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by samyad, Jul 2, 2008.

1. samyad

samyad Guest

I have plesk 8.3.0.1 and Smartermail 4.3. Recently I noticed that the redirects being setup in Plesk, when viewed thru webmail looked like 67ghg76f56ffg@domainname.com.

Also the re-directs worked ONLY when the mailbox was turned on. If the mailbox was turned OFFand re-direct was ON, on sending an email from an external domain, we got the message back as "550, No such user here".

This seems very strange and we have smarter 8.2 and Plesk 4.3 on another server and the re-direct setup in plesk when viewed thru Webmail looks perfect and works like a forwarder if the mailbox is turned off.

This problem has been noticed recently and has assumed serious proportions. Any help would be appreciated.

2. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Hello samyad,

It is known issue that is fixed since Plesk 8.4.