• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

SmarterMail v5.5

A

Adam McCarter

Is Plesk ever going to support SmarterMail v5.5 (and more importantly, mailbox quotas)? It's been out for over a year, and they're already on v6.5 now.

Those release notes seem to include 9.2.1 as well, is that correct? Because I'm running 9.2.1, and when I go to modify a domain, where I should be able to change mailbox quotas, it just says "Mailbox quota not supported by the mail server."

This is patently false, as SmarterMail 5.5 certainly does support mailbox quotas.

On a side note, we've only had Plesk for about six months, so we should still be getting updates, right? Why are my two servers still on 9.2.1, and Plesk reports that no updates are available? Shouldn't it be updating to 9.2.3?

See attached:

Attachments

• mailquota.png
    mailquota.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 7
Ok, so what about my other question regarding updates?

If I'm running 9.2.1, and 9.2.3 is available, why is Plesk reporting that no updates are available?

If I manually download and update Plesk to 9.2.3, will my license still work?

Not sure, but as I remember there was some problems with updater. Seems it works only for some microupdates, etc, but doesn't work for major updates because it should be installed only manually. Therefore I can suggest you download 9.2.3 version and perform upgrade manually. License will work fine on 9.2.3 version.

I just upgraded to Plesk 9.2.3, and when I go to modify a domain, it still tells me that the server does not support mailbox quotas.

Smartermail v5.5 *does* have mailbox quotas. So... does Plesk 9.2.3 actually support SmarterMail 5.5 or what?

Am I missing something?

Back