• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

SMTP and MX on different IP addresses, but with same port

zooming

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

How can I configure SMTP and MX on Plesk, so they run on different IP addresses, but in the default port (TCP 25)?

I want to allow only authenticated users on the SMTP IP, no MX traffic here.

In the MX IP I'll configure some restrictions, like Graylisting, etc (using SpamDyke).

Thank you.

Alexandre
 
SMTP is a protocol, MX is a DNS record type. I really have no idea what you're talking about.
 
i think zooming like to use different servers for mail sending and receiving, right ?

but i don't see the problem ...
 
Yes, that's right.

I want two different "servers" responding to SMTP, but one will be responding only for the MX IP (published), and the other to the SMTP address that my clients will use to authenticate and send email.

In the MX IP I will put more restrictions (RBL, Graylisting, RCPT limits, etc), in the authenticated SMTP IP I'll not restrict anything (because only authenticated users will use this IP).

Thank you.

Alexandre
 
The problem is how to configure Plesk so I can run SMTP for MX and client connections with different configurations, in the same server.

Two xinetd scripts will do the job?
Is there a way to bind a xinetd service to a specific IP address?
 
Back
Top